[TYPO3-english] Cache going wild?

d.ros projects at r-system.de
Mon Jul 1 17:32:22 CEST 2013

Am 01.07.2013 16:29, schrieb amadeo Marketing & Design - Paul Garais:
> Hey list,
>
> after a server-migration I experience some problems with the cache: I
> have several extensions running on that site, which are working great so
> far and did before. After a server-migration I experience problems with
> the detail-views of some extensions. Since these are the views using the
> chash, I think there is something going wrong with the cache.
>
> On the old server I had just a basic cronjob for the crawler-ext which I
> use together with indexed_search. Now I added some cronjobs with own
> configurations for the crawler for every extension because of better
> performance. Could that be related to my problem? I tested all the
> cronjobs and configurations and they are working great. For example: I
> use a calendar-extension and the crawler has a config for the
> detail-view and is correctly getting all the ID's of the events and also
> correctly working them through and puts them into the index-tables. If I
> use the search it works fine and I get the detail views correctly. But
> after some time (I am not sure which interval) they break.
> It shows like this: If the detail-view of the extension can't find an
> event in the corresponding table, it gives back a failure-message
> formatted in HTML instead of the details of this event. After an event
> is edited in the backend or people call the detail-view several times
> (sometimes it is ok for days), it starts to show that error.
>
> The conclusion of this? I think the cache stores wrong contents and
> gives them back because to a given chash it stored the failure-message
> instead of the detailview. If I reset the cache manually through the
> backend everything works fine, but starts again after some time. First I
> thought I did something wrong in the crawler config, but the
> crawler-cronjob runs every night and the detail-view does not break for
> every event on the next day after clearing the cache. Sometimes it is
> working for days for a particualer event...
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks!

Do you have some pages set to use no cache ? If so it´s better to set
certrain COA to COA_INT that need to be cacheless. Had some wierd
behaviour here also and could go rid of with COA_INT.

Other solution could be to go with TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = PAGEID in
pageTS to clear caches if a Dataset is touched.

Cheers David