[TYPO3-english] Migration from DAM to FAL

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jan 31 14:34:23 CET 2013

Hi Chris,

> We want to migrate the first website from TYPO3 4.6 to 6.0. In this
> website we are using DAM only for references of files. We do not use it
> for asset management. Is there already a migration script for this task
> or do we have to work on that topic on our own?

I can't find the thread anymore, but this was already discussed
somewhere. You want to take a look at the new "Media Management"
extension, which is based on FAL. It's not public yet, but you can check
it out on Forge:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-media

I don't know if it contains a migration tool, though.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter