[TYPO3-english] Backend speed performance 4.3.5 vs 6.0.1

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jan 31 03:33:24 CET 2013

Hi Christian,

Christian Kuhn wrote:

>> If we're lucky, adding a new step 1 is
>> also not that complicated, so we don't need to completely refactor the
>> install tool at this point, which is clearly a much more complicated
>> task.
>
> And if we're even more lucky, we might be able to lend some code or at
> least ideas from the drupal or the wordpress code, since they do similar
> things during install.

+1 reuse code that is proven to work is always a good idea

I would like to have a distinct step for setting the environment defaults
like curl, mbstring, IM stuff, etc. It should display form with all new
values and their default values. You could then modify the values or go with
the default. Maybe step 3 after DB settings.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!