[TYPO3-english] realurl: How to change URLs AND keep Google ranking?

Henning Nelihsen hn at maixit.de
Wed Jan 30 20:04:49 CET 2013

Hi Martin,

Am 30.01.2013 um 16:13 schrieb Martin Bless:

> Q: How can I drop that part of the path without loosing Google ranking?
my experience is, that google (or any other search engine) *do* process 301status codes very fast, on well indexed pages within days

Am 30.01.2013 um 16:31 schrieb Jigal van Hemert:

> All the technical answers can probably be found in an article by Dmitry Dulepov [1]. Although it's already a few years old the advice in it is still very much true.
>
> About the SEO part, I have no idea if Google treats links to the old url equal to a link to the new url. Maybe some SEO expert can answer that?
I would agree 100% to this article -> redirects in TYPO3 (PHP) work well, but mod_rewrite is faster and more efficient. In your case a redirect in the apache configuration would have the same effect

Redirect 301	/seo-page/topic-1/ /topic-1/
Redirect 301	/seo-page/topic-2/ /topic-2/
…

--
Gruss, Henning