[TYPO3-english] TypoScript: how to only wrap something if some other COA property is not empty

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 30 16:09:32 CET 2013

I have the following TS.

It does almost everything I need, but I only want
temp.mainTemplate.subparts.NLCONTENT.1.20.stdWrap.ifEmpty.wrap

if temp.mainTemplate.subparts.NLCONTENT.1.10 is NOT empty.

Currently the ifEmpty wrap is always applied if

temp.mainTemplate.subparts.NLCONTENT.1.20.10 is empty, even if

temp.mainTemplate.subparts.NLCONTENT.1.10 is empty.

which then gives temp.mainTemplate.subparts.NLCONTENT.1.stdWrap something to
wrap

Here is my TS (can anyone help me solve this?)

temp.mainTemplate {
  subparts.NLCONTENT = COA
  subparts.NLCONTENT {
    1 = COA
    1 {
         # Get article1  content
      10 < styles.content.getArticle1
      10.stdWrap.required = 1

        # Get sidebar 1 content
      20 = COA
      20 {
        10 < styles.content.getSidebar1

        10.stdWrap.wrap = {$cornerTableSidebar}|
        10.stdWrap.required = 1

        stdWrap.ifEmpty.wrap = {$cornerTableSidebarEmpty}|
      }

      stdWrap.wrap = {$cornerTableStart}|{$cornerTableEnd}
      stdWrap.required = 1
    }
  }
}