[TYPO3-english] Translation not working for typo3 extensions

PIT Solutions typo3 at pitsolutions.com
Tue Jan 29 12:37:34 CET 2013

Hi Jigal,

You are right. Thank you.

________________________________
 From: Jigal van Hemert <jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org>
To: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TYPO3-english] Translation not working for typo3 extensions

Hi,

On 28-1-2013 15:10, PIT Solutions wrote:
> I want to translate felogin extension using typoscript configuration. My typo3 version is 4.7.2.
> My default language is Deutsch and the optional language is English.
>
> For adding English translation using typoscript, I've added the code "plugin.tx_felogin_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.en.username = User Name".
> But it is not working. When I changed "en" to "default", it is working (i.e. "plugin.tx_felogin_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.default.username = User Name").
>
> I want to translate the username by using the code "plugin.tx_felogin_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.en.username".

Currently this is not possible.
For translations of labels in the core and extensions English is the default language. This is independent from the default language you use for pages and content elements.

At the moment the language 'en' is the same as the language 'default' for translations of core and extension labels. Overriding the 'default' language labels is the way to go at this moment.

-- Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org