[TYPO3-english] FE logging strategies

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:22:18 CET 2013

Hi, List.

We're developing an application, that performs CRUD actions from FE with
authenticated FE user. It was decided to log any data update actions, so it
is easier to identify later who did what.
We've started to use t3lib_div::sysLog() for that and it is almost okay,
since we can see all the FE user actions and errors/exceptions, that occur
after these actions, but since almost all the log messages has '0' priority
- simple info messgaes, I've had to set [SYS][systemLogLevel]=0, which
makes TYPO3 BE, FE and all the extensions to write tons of information into
system log (which is file in our case).

Are there any best practices on actions logging? Maybe, different og
levels, depending on extension. Or are there some viewers with filters, so
I can filter log entries by extension key or wahtever?

Thanks in advance.