[TYPO3-english] Categorizing content

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Fri Jan 25 17:49:02 CET 2013

Hi Mik

Untested, but:

You could use the Category API in TYPO3 6.0 [1] and make tt_content
categorizable.

Then you could use Extbase and render a list of all categories (of a
folder) linking to a detail view.

Now you grab all the contents of a category and render them. And there
you will have a problem: Due to some bugs (in Extbase?) the "item"
property of the category model was removed for TYPO3 6.0 (see [2]).
Maybe you can help fixing/completing this.

Best regards,

Lorenz

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/TYPO3_6.0#Category
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/43074