[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Extension Repository - Future ?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Jan 25 12:53:04 CET 2013

Hi Tomas,

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:

> I Know its a buzz-word these days, but i think the idea of grouping the
> extensions by category, purpose etc, newest updates etc.. will give a
> better overview of extensions available, which is popular and which is
> mostly used. I know there is a posibility today to filter your search
> result, but you dont know always what to search for to find a specific
> extension, not all extensions are named well.
>
> What do you think of the idea? I will be glad helping with this
> change/implementations if liked?

A few things are missing currently:

* All extensions should be uploaded as zip or tar.gz.
* Dependencies to php modules, TYPO3 and extension versions must be keep
(composer?) and displayed
* there should be a flag to mark extension as extension to an existing
extension (e.g. news event extends tt_news)
** those sub-extension should not be displayed by default, but inside the
main extensions detail view
** extending more then one extensions is needed (e.g. cal to tt_news
connector)
* we need a maintainer interface to support setting tags, dependencies and
to update the description as well as the last update command
* support for feedback, maybe voting based on the current minor version
* support to mark an extension as working for a certain TYPO3 version if the
authors does not do so via the maintainer interface
* REST/JSON interface to query for extensions and or dependencies based on
certain filters
* composer/git support, that means entries lasting only of a link
* support for fields (via maintainer interface) for Documentation (defaults
to http://docs.typo3.org), Project home page, Forge (or this could be
default for project home page), Donate link

I guess this will require to rewrite large parts of the TER, but we
currently have an unused Flow/Neos budget. Once composer and/or git
integration works, it will be possible to support Flow extensions too.

Oh, and we might need to update the TER to support namespaces ;)

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!