[TYPO3-english] Need advice on database relations

lesm nospam at please.com
Tue Jan 8 17:37:58 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have a medium size site running TYPO3 version 4.1.6 for a long time
that refuses to be updated.  All my attempts to update to anything above
that version ends up with a warning from my provider, telling me  TYPO3
is severing the MySql server.  Then I must abort the update, and forced
to upload the database-backup in order to restore the site.  As a matter
of fact, I have updated other sites using the same structure and
typoscript templates from TYPO3 version 4.1.6 to other versions without
a glitch.

So, I'm trying to find the reason of this update refusal.  At this
moment I'm dealing with the files (images) in fileadmin/ that are copied
into upload/ instead of being referenced.  This is inconvenient if you
have lots of files repeatedly copied, but that's another problem.

However, the database has more than one hundred "files referenced from
more than one record" out of several thousands used.  The DB check tool
list them without any comment or recommendation, as follows:

Database Relations:
/home/mysite/public_html/uploads/pics/image_81.gif: 2 references:
[tt_content][1734][image] (pid:1268) - [tt_content][3757][image]
(pid:3662) -

My questions are: How this affects TYPO3 itself and/or the update from
4.1 to 4.x? Is this a warning or an error. Should I ignore them? Should
I fix them?

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Luis E. Suarez