[TYPO3-english] frontend editing, admpanel and not wanted edit icons

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Jan 8 10:51:42 CET 2013

Hi,

I want to create as simple editing view as possible. I wouldn't want the editor be able to see edit icons for things he can't edit anyway. For example content elements that are in pages that are not allowed to edit or plugins that are not available for editor.

Anyway this seems to be impossible. If I allow for the editor group for example one plugin, all the other plugins get the edit icons too, since the "Insert plugin" content element is allowed. The editors can't however save their edits in these situations.

Also I have some content columns that are inherited into subpages and what is on these pages are not editable for editors (only for admins) but anyway they carry the edit icons too. Editors can't edit/save, but the icons are there.

What do I have wrong or is this kind of bug?

TYPO3 4.7.7 and backend user group tsconfig:

admPanel {
  enable.edit = 1
  enable.preview = 0
  override.preview.showHiddenPages = 1