[TYPO3-english] Website slow when logging in - sleeping mysql the cause?

Niels niels at pdonijmegen.nl
Wed Feb 27 16:48:22 CET 2013

Hi!
I'm running a scan against Typo3 - load /response wise everything seems to be going OK until a certain point, I believe it is when attempts are made to log in to the Backend.

My configs: http://pastebin.com/h9ZhKFQT
Logs / MySQL Processlist: http://pastebin.com/HGf4i9N8

During that time the entire website becomes -very- slow.

Weird thing is, the actual system load becomes 0 - seems like it's doing nothing. I thought it was perhaps of all the sleeping mysql processes. It doesn't seem like it's going over 10 (processes), so they might be holding it up.

Does anyone know if this is the reason / how I can increase it from that 10 max processes limit? Thanks!

System is Debian 32-bit, Latest Typo3 version, using Nginx 1.27 / MySQL 5.5.30 / PHP-FPM 5.4.11

Please let me know if you need any additional details,

Thanks!
Niels