[TYPO3-english] TYPO3-powered intranet case studies anyone?

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Wed Feb 27 09:30:16 CET 2013

On 27/02/13 09:12, François Suter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We need to convince a client that TYPO3 can be a valid solution for
> managing an Intranet. I googled a bit for interesting case studies, but
> I found only very "light" material. Does anyone have an extensive case
> study online, if possible with nice screenshots? We are up against
> Drupal which carries a better reputation in the field of collaboration.

i was involved in a middle sized intranet (hundreds of users, multiple
calendars with rooms reservation, quite advanced DAM with workflow) some
year ago... i was already suggesting to use another instrument but TYPO3..
and still think that it would have been better to NOT use TYPO3.

Today with Extbase/Fluid things have changed.. but since the Fluid forms
+ Extbase FE creating/editing records is still very young and poorly
documented (at least until 4.7/6.0 .. i know that with 6.1 there are
improvements), and we still have to write lot of code.. i don't know if
i would keep TYPO3 for big intranets

good luck!

stefano

Stefano Cecere