[TYPO3-english] question about 'upgrade'

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Feb 25 08:45:28 CET 2013

Hello Tom,

sadly the comparision is case sensitive so TEXT != text ;)
As mysql ignores the case here it should be fine.
If these fields are empty in your case you may drop them and let the
installtool recreate them, but please backup before and check twice.

anyway your db seems to be uptodate :)

Regards
Kay

Am 25.02.13 08:32, schrieb tom liu:
> Hi ,
>
> I upgraded my typo3 4.2 to 4.5 according to this documentation:
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InstallationGuide/Upgrade/Index.html
>
> But when I am on step 4, Compare and Update the Database, I got some
> questions:
> Questions:(this happens on this page: Database Analyser->COMPARE)
> 1. By default the below group(Italic and bold) is checked, but after I
> click 'Write to database', it still shows up under "Table and field
> definitions should be updated", why?
> *select/deselect all
>  ALTER TABLE fe_users CHANGE functions functions TEXT;
> Current value: text
>  ALTER TABLE fe_users CHANGE industries industries TEXT;
> Current value: text
> ...*
> 2. I got a little bit confused about the query:
> example:
> ALTER TABLE fe_users CHANGE functions functions TEXT;
> Current value: text
> it is already 'text', why need to change?
>
> 3. If I do not do anything on 'COMPARE DATABASE' page, what will happen?
>
> Tom

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach