[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6 extbase extension development locallang.xlf

Domi djgarms at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 09:41:47 CET 2013

Hi

I just in a big process of rewriting one extbase fluid extension into
namespace schema for TYPO3 6.x. Now I have problems to understand the
difference of locallang.xml and locallang.xlf.

The extension_builder creates the locallang.xlf file, in that I pasted
and corrected all my content from locallang.xml.

But how is it with my german translations? I created the
de.locallang.xlf but somehow the content is only in english.

Here is the header of my de.locallang.xlf file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<xliff version="1.0">
     <file source-language="en" target-language="de"
datatype="plaintext" original="messages" date="2013-02-22T08:07:07Z"
product-name="dmf_travelagent">
         <header/>
(...)

What else do I need to do? Before this major upgrade the translations
worked as expected.

Thanks for hints!
Dominic