[TYPO3-english] How to hide objects in typoscript?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Feb 20 14:08:15 CET 2013

Hi Michael,

> I am pretty new to the whole typoscript language, but i have this
> problem i can't seem to firgure out... Is there a way to hide elements
> in typoscript that is something like the php if / else ? So for instance:
>
> If pageID = 1,2,3 then show object, else show something else?
>
> I hope someone can help me with this, because i have been at it for a
> couple of days now xD

As usual, there are a few ways of doing it in TYPO3. With your question,
I'd suggest this pointer:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/Conditions/Reference/Index.html#condition-globalvar

which gives you a condition for your TS based on the page UID.

Make sure to read the beginning of this chapter, to know how conditions
work at all, my pointer is right onto the condition you'll have to use.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6