[TYPO3-english] TCA prevent direct access to record

Mitja mitja.orlic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:33:24 CET 2013

Hi all!

I have 2 tables in my db which are related to each other with the relationship type 1:m.  To better understand: The main record is "blog" and it can have many "posts".

Since TYPO3 offers backend IRRE for this kind of thing (which is great) I would like to know if there is a way to prevent creation of posts directly from within the list module.

So basically I would like to make it so a user CANNOT create, edit, delete or even see(list) a post in the list module. They can only see them if they edit a blog entry.

Now I know how to tweak TSCONFIG to achieve this, but is there maybe a neater solution? Maybe using TCA which I dont know of?