[TYPO3-english] Off topic question about referrer strings

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Sun Feb 17 11:44:21 CET 2013

Hi,

my current question definitely is off-topic for TYPO3. I'm working on a
plugin collection, and one part of it is Social Share Privacy similar to
the "Heise" solution. I modified the Heise code to allow any number of
SSP plugins per page. For means of referrer tracking a referrer string
can be added to each service's share url. I never worked with referrer
tracking before, so I don't know if this would be some static string,
which might be placed in setup once for the website (per social
service), or if this string would typically change throughout the site,
making it neccessary to place it in a Flexform.

TIA for any information about referrers

Regards,

Thomas