[TYPO3-english] Extbase MM & Extension builder

Mitja mitja.orlic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 21:16:13 CET 2013

Hi!

I am developing a new extension with Extbase Builder and I have noticed that for each MM relationship Extbase creates a new table.

Let me explain with this example(just an example, not real):

I have a custom users table and I need to make each user member of a group or maximum 10 groups. Now I dont see a need to have a MM table for this, as it will almost surely slow down performance when there will be a need to fetch large quantity of users.

My question is, what is the best practice in this situation? Do I select a regular "string" field in the builder and then do I worry about this myself, or is there maybe a neater solution?

Many thanks!