[TYPO3-english] ExtBase performance

Tomiţă MILITARU tomita.militaru at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:23:41 CET 2013

Hello,

I am trying to import a CSV file with over 65.000 records using an ExtBase
extension I'm building. But seems like that ExtBase can't handle that many
objects or are too many as it takes nearly 30 minutes to store them in the
database.

To test, I tried something like this:

$persistenceManager =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Manager');

for($i = 0; $i < 65000; $i++) {
        $objectNew =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_MyExtension_Domain_Model_Object');

         $objectNew->setZip('123456');
         $objectNew->setHouse(5);
         $this->objectRepository->add($objectNew );
}
$persistenceManager->persistAll();

Should I just do it with plain INSERTs as it worked much better using that
method?