[TYPO3-english] Shutting down the german list?

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Thu Feb 14 14:02:27 CET 2013

>> The truth is both the documentation and some special answers are only
>> found in german.
> Where is that German documentation?
>
> Kind regards
> Steffen

Don't let us get lost in linguistic details and misunderstandings. The
official documentation is available in English. Or, to be more precise,
it's only available in English. Problem is, that this documentation is
insufficient in terms of usability. Current documentation is ok for
people already "knowing", but for people new to TYPO3 it only acts as a
deterrent. Pure Marsian.
<http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/act.html>So, if official
documentation is not helpful, people tend to google for other sources,
and the very few they find are in German, in overwelming majority. Just
have a look at Extbase. You were lucky googling, finding some blog
entries about Extbase programming. Using them you notice, that even if
the blog post is only 4 weeks old, the Extbase train has moved on -
further on it's depreciation track. So you learn fast to suspect any
information you find. German speaking people have a much better chance
to find outdated infos :-)

Today I have learned how it works. The only reliable source for
information is the sourcecode. That might be ok for developers, but it's
a no go for integrators. If a product want's to play in framework
league, it needs a framework type documentation base, which TYPO3
currently doesn't offer. The current politics of backporting things
which are in no way "static" led into the pure chaos of today.

Regards,

Thomas