[TYPO3-english] ics_awstats not logging properly

RDE - Gert Redlich gr2 at ipw.net
Wed Feb 6 22:43:59 CET 2013

Scotty C schrieb:
> Hi Gert,
>
> Thanks for the fast reply. Sorry for the incompleteness. As requested:
>
> TYPO3 4.5.15
> ics_awstats 0.5.3
> ics_web_awstats 0.4.0
>
> OS: CentOS with Apache and cPanel
>
> There is a server log created by apache and saved to the default location
(/var/log I believe ... can't be sure because I'm on a shared server, but
I don't use it anyway). There is also a log created by ics_awstats and saved
to /public_html/typo/log. The former is working fine but the latter is the
  one that gets used by my client inside TYPO3 and is causing the issue.

Hi, I did avoid all these dependencies.

If you have a chance to modify the vhost  "xxx.conf" file with an own
logfile for your domain, all problems are gone.

You can adress the location to your filsystem, where your
extension looks for that file.

Then you have a honest log of all activities.
And then you know where to start searching for problems.

a sample snippet of one of my vhost configurations :

     DocumentRoot /vol2/www/fernsehmuseum.info
      <Directory "/vol2/www/fernsehmuseum.info">
         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
         AllowOverride All
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
       </Directory>

     <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
         UserDir public_html
         Include /etc/apache2/mod_userdir.conf
     </IfModule>

     ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/web-error.log
     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access-femuwi-info.log combined
     LogLevel warn

     HostnameLookups Off
     UseCanonicalName Off
     ServerSignature Off

you need to specify, where your apache logfile will be placed
then awstats will handle the analysis

Gert