[TYPO3-english] ics_awstats not logging properly

RDE - Gert Redlich gr2 at ipw.net
Wed Feb 6 20:56:25 CET 2013

Scotty C schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have been running ics_awstats and ics_web_awstats for many years on many TYPO3 installs,

  without issue ... or so I thought! A few days ago, a client tells me they wanted to see

traffic to a specific page but when they went to the "Pages-URL" section of AWStats,

there was nothing there. My kneejerk reaction was, "there's nothing there because

nobody has visited", however when I look at raw server logs (separate from the

log file created by ics_awstats) and go to the page with my IP, I can clearly

see there is traffic to the page. Moreover, when I look at the log file created

by ics_awstats, my IP will sometimes show up and sometimes not. For example,

  I just went to the site and clicked on 3 links ... but looking at the ics_awstats

log there's nothing there.

> I apologize if my explanation is confusing, but that's exactly how I feel

with a system that should just "work"!

> Any advice you have is greatly appreciated,
> -Scott.

Hi Scott, there is too little information about your server.

I am using opensuse with apache2 and there is a totally (typo3-)independant
logfile - created from apache in /var/log/apache

This file is never lieing, it has nothing to do with TYPO3.
So what are yo doing on what platform with what server ??

--

best regards
Gert Redlich