[TYPO3-english] mail2ttnews and external cron service

Burkhard Görtz bugi at joboland.de
Tue Feb 5 14:54:16 CET 2013

Hi Jeppe,

the * * * * doesn't stand for your Website, it stands for the cron running intervals:

http://www.manpagez.com/man/5/crontab/

In your case, the cron job would run every hour at 10 minutes past.

To call the shell script you could try to place its invocation in a php-script:

i.e.:

cron.php
<?php

exec('/path/typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh getmail_cli >> /path/fileadmin/cron.log 2>&1');

?>

and call it via url http://your.domain.com/cron/cron.php

Bugi