[TYPO3-english] How do you grant BE users access to web->access? in TYPO3 6.1+

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 26 17:15:51 CET 2013

Hi,

On 26-12-2013 13:27, Muriel le Pair wrote:
> It also makes it very difficult for a group of editors to delete a page,
> since only the user who have created the page can delete it.

Of course not! With page TSconfig [1] you can set the default user and
group of new and copied pages, and the default permissions for
owner-user, owner-group and everybody.

You could set the default user to some default owner (or your sub-admin)
and the group to a general group. If you set the permissions correctly
anyone can delete or edit any page.

Because it's page TSconfig you can change the settings for a part of the
page tree to match the rights of groups of editors.

I think you can figure out a nice scheme of rights that works for most
editors and if necessary you can always make the "sub-admin" the
owner-user of all pages to have someone who can change things for all
editor groups.

[1]
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TSconfigReference/PageTsconfig/TCEmain/Index.html

--