[TYPO3-english] load another CE using AJAX on a TRIGGER

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Thu Dec 19 00:26:12 CET 2013

Hi Mark - I thought of that - because I can load another page - or even a
target html element from another page via ajax without having to use an
iframe
jQuery("#contactForm").load( page_url + ' #contactForm');
I will have to spend time to understand how to create a new page template
with fluidpages that overrides the typoscript settings for my main template

I have multiple page layouts (3 cloumn, 2 column, etc..) - but they all use
the same typoscript setup file

I would not like to load another page with all the included js, css, google
analytics, social media params, etc... - just to get to the form

At the moment I do not know how to do that with fluidpages as templating
engine without spending a couple of hours researching.

It would have been ideal of there was a standard method or existing
extension.

There are extensions to do ajax - load - but they do it on page-load and not
on any other trigger - i.e. click-event

An alternative is to use one of the extensions that loads a tx-news item via
ajax and embed the form as a content element in that

lastly - I see there has been previous discussions about this:

http://forum.typo3.org/index.php?t=tree&goto=699389&&srch=Extbase+handler+for+Ajax+calls+in+BE+and+FE#msg_699389

http://forum.typo3.org/index.php?t=tree&goto=695204&&srch=ajax#msg_695204
http://forum.typo3.org/index.php?t=tree&goto=694415&&srch=ajax#msg_694415