[TYPO3-english] How do I specify a default action?

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Fri Dec 13 18:59:02 CET 2013

> I made a new extension in extension builder (a basic 4 model extension with
> no custom work in it, the only thing slightly fancy it does is extend the
> fe_users table) and installed it and made a page with the plugin and when I
> view the page I get a blank area where the plugin should appear - not a whole
> blank page just the part where the plugin should appear. I put some echo
> __FUNCTION__.__LINE__;
> die; lines in all the listActions so if I was hitting any of them I'd at
> least know which I was hitting. But I see no echo lines and I clearly never
> hit a die; so I guess my extension is not hitting any action, maybe because I
> have to specify one as the default. My extension has 4 models. How do I
> specify what action gets called? I am using typo3 v4.5.30 with extbase.

Possibly you don't have included the typoscript template? Independent
from that the default controller and action is configured in
ext_localconf.php for plugins by:

\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\ExtensionUtility::configurePlugin(
	'VENDOR.' . $_EXTKEY,
	'PluginName',
	array(
		'Controller' => 'list, show, new, ...',