[TYPO3-english] Fluid templates and variables

Ollie New oliver.new at bluefroglondon.com
Wed Dec 11 10:33:18 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm working on my first Typo3 site and from what I have read Fluid templates seem to be the way to go.

However, I can't seem to output constants or variables in my Fluid template. I am using Typo3 version 4.5.3 (at the request of our client!) so I understand that I need to use the variables array rather than settings in my page setup. For example:

page.10 = FLUIDTEMPLATE
page.10 {
    variables {
        copyrightYear = 2013
    }
}

So if I want to output the copyrightYear in my Fluid template, I should just use {copyrightYear} right? or should I use {variables.copyrightYear}? I have tried both and nothing is rendered to the page.

Also, let's say I have a TS constant set, for example:

myVar = 123ABC

How would I access that in the Fluid template? I have tried a few obvious things with no luck.

Sorry for the newbie questions - and thanks in advance for any help you can offer!