[TYPO3-english] Installation - File Permission Issues

Finny Jacob finnyjacob at aquireservices.com
Wed Dec 11 10:33:16 CET 2013

Hi,

I am a web developer and we use Joomla, wordpress, drupal, magento..... for our cms projects. But I wanted to check typo3 for a new project this time. but I am finding it very hard to get it installed and started. This is what I have done so far...

I downloaded from :typo3.org/download/ (Download 6.1) Source + Dummy
Then I extracted it to a sub-folder on my cpanel : aquireservices.com/typo3/site/
I go to : aquireservices.com/typo3/site/typo3/install - to start with the installation but noting happens

Did go through the manuals and goggled but no luck. I just realized that all the file permission look funny and messed up. as most of them are 644. including index file in the install dir.

Regards,
Finny