[TYPO3-english] Additional child records in localization (CrossPost from MVC list)

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 10:41:27 CET 2013

Hi, List.

I'm crossposting this question to main English list, since I've got no answer at MVC list. Maybe, more luck here :)

Please, tell me, is it possible (and eventually how) in ExtBase to have additioanl childs in localization of record?

Imageine such a situation, when we have 1:n relation parent:children and 2 languages - En and De.
En (L=0) has ParentA with children: ChildA, ChildB, ChildC
We create a localization to De (L=1) in BE and get: Parent A (De) with children Child A (De), Child B (De), Child C (De).
All is ok in FE, when we switch to L=1 - all 3 children are shown.

But later editor decides to add one more child and only to De locale: Child D (De). It is shown in BE, but not in FE, because ExtBase shows only locales of children existing in default language.

I can try to play with query setting ->setRespectSysLanguage(FALSE), but afraid to get more troubles, than benefits from it.

Does any have good solutions or workarounds for such a case?

We're using TYPO3 6.0