[TYPO3-english] responsive mobile menu

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Thu Dec 5 23:22:30 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to implement mobile navigation for a big (and
oldish) site.

If I understand correctly, there are two main ways to implement mobile
navigation; javascript (select dropdown menu) and jquery menu.

The site uses t3jquery for several plugins and it's been very hard to
find any jquery menu that works and doesn't conflict with existing
features. So far I haven't found any.

I would use the the simpler javascript solution, select menu, but at the
moment iOS 7 select dropdowns in big sites are quite.. hmm.. well ugly
and hard to use and since iPhones are very common, we wouldn't want to
use that.

So, what would be your recommendation? I suppose it is not possible to
load different versions of jquery for different plugin. Or have I missed
some good menu option?

Thanks in advance!

--
Kind regards,