[TYPO3-english] jsp and jsf in typo3 page

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Dec 4 09:18:37 CET 2013

Hi,

>>> is it possible to generate a typo3 page and use jsf and jsp inside
>>> that page?
>> Not directly since you would mix 2 technologies (Java and PHP).
>>

> It is, with the PHP EXT: Java Bridge, but i strongly warn you this was
> NEVER INTENDED.

;-)

> But you can grab content from the JSP with TYPO3 and show it after
> grabbing :D

This is what I consider "not direct".

The first question to ask is to which extent the mix of technologies is
so important and how to avoid it (e.g., with a wrapper to some other
services).

By mixing-up I really say having Java within PHP. This is the same with
.NET technologies which allows to mix up programming languages in the
same project and although it makes sense to reuse some code, you
wouldn't really think of mixing up every technologies for new projects
(or even existing) just for the fun of doing it in real life scenario :)

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!