[TYPO3-english] Extracting content from a SQL dump of a typo3 website

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Dec 4 06:31:16 CET 2013

Good morning

Am 03.12.2013 20:47, schrieb T. cabuzel:
> i don't know anything about typo3, but I received a SQL dump of a typo3
> website that I need to migrate to another system. I can mostly gather
> all the elements of the pages I need to migrate from the tt_content
> table.

There is also a table "pages" for the page structure and every field
"pid" of any table === pages.uid

But the records with CType "image" and "list" still resist me. I
> can't find where these datas are stored. Could someone help me ?

"Image" is a "image element" (surprise, surprise) and if the TYPO3
version is >= 6.0 (which you can find out if you got the table
sys_file), then there is a mm relation from tt_content to sys_file using
sys_file_reference. Otherwise you got the file names of the files in the
dump and the files are usually saved unter uploads/*

"List" is an element plugin which is usually delivered by an 3rd party
extension and can just show content which is saved in the element itself
or is kind of a startingpoint for displaying any other kind of records,
could be e.g. news records.

Georg