[TYPO3-english] FED/Flux - getting it to work

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sat Aug 31 10:02:50 CEST 2013

Hi,
After 9 months of TYPO3 abstinence I tried to build a new site in TYPO3
6.1. As I found out that TemplaVoila is no longer maintained, I tried
FED/Flux which looked quite straight-forward at first. I followed
the beginners guide on fedext.net and tried the package offered for
download there. That all worked well. I then created my own extension
to hold my templates and that's where I got stuck...

No matter what I tried, Fluidpages would always tell me that it
couldn't find any templates despite my extension containing all the
templates and registering everything properly as far as I can tell.

I referred to the documentation on GitHub and fedext.net but with many
chapters missing in the GitHub docs and pages missing on fedext.net, I
just couldn't figure out what was going wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't currently have the time to read lots of code and
having missed the latest trends in TYPO3 altogether would probably
struggle a bit, anyway.

I have searched far and wide but I cannot find anything like a tutorial
to help me set up FED/Flux on a new site. I'd be happy to write one but
first I'll need a few hints to know the whole process myself.

When Fluidpages claims that there are no templates, what am I likely
missing? My ext_tables registers both Page and Content. Do I need any
TS to tell Fluidpages where to look? I couldn't find anything like that
in the Bootstrap intro package.

Cheers,
Christian