[TYPO3-english] FLUID variable in debug full, but in frontend NULL... (o.O)?

David Gurk dgurk at medienwerft.de
Mon Aug 26 13:14:49 CEST 2013

Hi Community,

I have an odd problem. Within an extension template I try to output the given model properties.

Here an example:
Model "Example"
Properties:

-          uid

-          name

-          image

-          "example2" (mapped object)

properties "example2":

-          - uid

-          - name

Within the FLUID template I add f:debugs:
f:debug from {example.name} displays the name.
f:debug from {example.example2} displays the expected correct "Tx_Extbase_Persistence_ObjectStorage" from the example2 object with the properties.

And now the odd situation:
f:debug from {example.example2.name} displays NULL instead of the expected example2 object name.

And within an f:if condition="{example.example2}" fluid displays the html from the f:then code.

I can't explain why. Have you an idea?

Thanks and best regards

David

PS: I use TYPO3 v4.7 in this project.