[TYPO3-english] Bye-bye OpenOffice, welcome ReST

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 07:25:31 CEST 2013

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> No, reStructuredText is text-based and there are currently no good
> graphical editor for this (check the wiki [1] if you want to use one
> anyway).
>
> You should think of it as when writing HTML in the old days. Then we got
> HTML editors and after a while, most of us went back to good old notepad
> or other pure text editor because it just was more convenient, but this
> time with syntax highlighting and autocompletion, because, well, it
> helps a lot!:)

Which means, I have to put additional efforts to docs beyond programming...
Given the fact that many extension authors write docs very fomally (meaning
"very brief, just to show that there is a doc"), I expect that there will
be even less docs now.

What was the reason behind the change? Was it a hope that extension authors
will rush to learn a new syntax and be happy to write docs using tags
instead of a word processor? :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.