[TYPO3-english] Bye-bye OpenOffice, welcome ReST

Peter Linzenkirchner liste at lisardo.de
Sat Aug 24 20:58:38 CEST 2013

Hello Xavier,

> The module Sphinx Console is based on the Filelist module. As such one
> way (that I did not test) would be to define another file storage record
> (for FAL) at the root of your website (pid 0) with Web > List. This way
> you would then see your extensions as well.

thanks for your answer! It works.

Well - there are a few more questions ... :-)

After kickstarting a new sphinx-project (the sphinx-demo Project) i moved the file to a test extension into the documentation folder. Then I called the documentation of this test extension with the module "Sphinx Documentation".

Show "Documentation Static" works, but Show Documentation Interactive throws the following error:

Cannot build Sphinx project:
--- snip ---
copying static files... </span>done

  File "/Users/peter/Sites/typo3_61/typo3conf/ext/sphinx/Resources/Private/sphinx/1.1.3/lib/python/Sphinx-1.1.3dev_20130824-py2.7.egg/sphinx/builders/html.py", line 1017, in handle_finish
    StandaloneHTMLBuilder.handle_finish(self)
TypeError: unbound method handle_finish() must be called with StandaloneHTMLBuilder instance as first argument (got JSONHTMLBuilder instance instead)
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error message can be provided next time.
or report them in the tracker at <http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issues/>. Thanks!

I tried it with two different projects, i got this error in both.

---

Kickstarting a new project with Sphinx results in a somewhat different file structure as kickstarting with extension builder.

In your documentation (http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/sphinx/UsersManual/DocsTypo3Org/Index.html) you write that there should exist a Settings.yml, but the extension builder does not make one. I presume this file is not necessary but recommended? I understand that it overwrites some default configuration, so of course it is usefull.

"The PDF of your documentation is rendered using the LaTeX builder from Sphinx (seeRendering PDF from reStructuredText if needed) and should be explicitly activated for your extension. "
=> if there is no section "latex_documents:"  in Settings.yml there will no pdf rendered on docs.typo3.org?

---

Multilingual documentation:
"kickstart a new Sphinx project (incl.Settings.yml) within directory Documentation/Localization.<locale>."

So the folder should look like:

myExt/Documentation/Localization/de_DE/

is this correct?

The given folder-struction coming from extension builder looks like:

myExt/Documention/de_DE/

and the links to the documentation online does not contain the folder /Localization/

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/sphinx/fr-fr/_pdf/ (PDF).

I presume the directory should be:

"kickstart a new Sphinx project (incl.Settings.yml) within directory Documentation/<locale>"

?

Thanks
Peter

--