[TYPO3-english] Bye-bye OpenOffice, welcome ReST

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Aug 23 10:04:15 CEST 2013

Hi,

Georg Ringer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/news/Main/Configuration/Reference/Index.html
>> top right corner > "show source"

(Reworked) best practices tend to this instead:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/restdoc/latest/Configuration/TxRestdocPi1/Index.html

> in OO I just insert the table. How does it happen in the new system? Is
> it same easy (one menu item in some editor)?

No, reStructuredText is text-based and there are currently no good
graphical editor for this (check the wiki [1] if you want to use one
anyway).

You should think of it as when writing HTML in the old days. Then we got
HTML editors and after a while, most of us went back to good old notepad
or other pure text editor because it just was more convenient, but this
time with syntax highlighting and autocompletion, because, well, it
helps a lot! :)

If you use Textmate, Notepad++ or PhpStorm, writing ReST is really
convenient.

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/Editors_%28reST%29

--
Xavier Perseguers