[TYPO3-english] Trying to get realurl to work

Tim Shelley tim at risecomputers.com
Thu Aug 22 13:20:44 CEST 2013

Hi,

I recently installed the realurl extension to give our website better and human readable URLs but it does not seem to work.

This is what I have done so far, have I missed anything:

mod_rewrite enabled in apache2
AllowOverride set to FileInfo
htaccess file contains the rewrite rules as found in http://wiki.typo3.org/Realurl/manual. My website is located locally at http://localhost/testwebsite.  So the .htaccess I modified lives in /var/www/testwebsite
restarted apache2
imported and installed the realurl extension

On one of the pages on my website the field "Speaking URL path segment" has now appeared and I set that as page.html.

When I go to the website and to that page it is still showing http://localhost/testwebsite/index.php?id=90 rather than http://localhost/testwebsite/page.html.

Does anyone know what I have missed or done wrong?  Thanks.