[TYPO3-english] meaning of Mount Point

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Aug 20 21:51:42 CEST 2013

Hi,
I have difficulties to understand how the Mount Point works.

My goal is to create into my current page tree a page that is imported
from else where (since it's used in other places too) and if that page
has sub pages they are imported too.

There are two options when creating a mount point:
A. Show content from this page
B. Show content from mounted page

and then of course you choose the mounted page.

Ok, if I choose A, the page is empty.
If I choose B the page doesn't exist and doesn't show in the wanted
place in the menu.

The only way I could make it work was:

1. first choose page type normal -> Appearance tab -> Replace content->
Show content from page ->and choose the mounted page here (BTW very
strange that this kind of behavioural thing is in Appearance tab)

2. then change the page type to mounted page and choose Show content
from this page (A)

Is this really how it's supposed to work and why or do I have some
strange things going on in my installation? (Which is 4.7.7.)

--
Kind regards,
Katja Lampela