[TYPO3-english] Re: TYPO3 6, PhpStorm and unit testing

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 13:21:46 CEST 2013

Seems, that I've solved this problem.

For anyone else, who will face it, here is, what I did. Your local PHPUnit configuration must be adjusted a bit:
1. Go to "Run/Debug Configurations" view (top menu "Run" -> "Edit Configurations...").
2. Select your PHPUnit configuration (or create one, if you didn't make it yet).
3. Add following "Interpreter options": " <absolute path to your project>\typo3\cli_dispatch.phpsh phpunit_ide_testrunner".
4. Run and have fun :)

Be aware of these prerequicities:
1. You must have working TYPO3 installation in <absolute path to your project>.
2. You must have EXT:phpunit installed.
3. You must have '_cli_phpunit' BE user created.
4. Your test cases must extend '"TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Tests\Unit\BaseTestCase".
5. You need PHP interpreter configured for your project ("Project Settings" -> "PHP"). You may use original from php.net - no need to use bash script, mentioned in my previous post.

Right now "Run with code coverage" isn't working yet, so I still need PHPUnit BE module for that, but if I figure out, how to make it work from PhpStorm, I'll add new message here.