[TYPO3-english] Multiaccounting Protection - Extension - EN

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Aug 18 18:31:57 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 18-8-2013 16:20, Thomas P. wrote:
> What i mean is that FE User Mario buys a monthly access at my website.
>
> Mario's friends, Harry & Paul like the content too and ask Mario to
> share his account. Mario shares his account + password with his buddys
> and three real people are able to see content threetimes but paying only
> once.
>
> That is what i want to prevent from happening.

Quite a challenging task actually as it's very hard to find something
unique to Mario which can't be used by Harry and Paul.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/sfpipauth
Allows you to limit the access of an FE user based on the IP-address.
Unfortunately this way you disallow Mario from using the access from
other places than a particular IP address, loads of people have dynamic
IP-addresses, etc.
Furthermore others may use the same IP address.

Maybe it's best to figure out first which property of Mario, Harry and
Paul you can use to uniquely identify them.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!