[TYPO3-english] recommended way to make columns

d.ros projects at r-system.de
Fri Aug 16 11:47:46 CEST 2013

Am 16.08.2013 11:27, schrieb Katja Lampela:
> Hi,
>
> At the moment I have this one site that needs to be updated visually
> now, but I can't update the system quite yet to 6, it is now 4.5.x and
> the goal is to update it to next LTS 6.2.x
>
> What would you recommend as a "column maker". I've been using for years
> now kb_nescefe (nested content elements) because it's very intuitive and
> flexible for every situation (just click and add columns or make
> predefined layouts), but I'm afraid it will not work anymore with
> version 6 and I guess anyway there are newer and better ways to do it now.
>
> So the column plugin should work with 4.5.x and also 6. And preferably
> it should be easy to use. Any suggestions?

IMHO multicolumn is quite nice for install and forget solution. But if
you want to be more flexible fedext - fluidcontent #1 #2 is first
choice. once you have defined a foundation it´s click and forget.
Once you have understood the principles are able to define much much
more than only a grid.

But be aware, you have to invest some time to get familar with it.

There´s also gridelements but I never tried it and read the opinion of
other people where they also prefer fedext for severeal reasons.

http://extensions.fedext.net/overview/extensions.html

https://github.com/FluidTYPO3/fluidcontent

Cheers

David