[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 + Redis Cache Backend + Workspaces

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 11:20:17 CEST 2013

Hi, List.

I've started using Redis as caching backend for all caches, that are using db. So far so good, but now I'm experiencing issues with workspaces caches.
Whenever I do some change, that involves processCmdmap_afterFinish() hook (i.e. mark BE user as "admin"), I'me getting an exception:
#1279578078: The specified tag is of type "integer" but a string is expected.

The stacktrace is following:
6 TYPO3\CMS\Core\Cache\Backend\RedisBackend::flushByTag(0)
5 TYPO3\CMS\Core\Cache\Frontend\AbstractFrontend::flushByTag(0)
4 TYPO3\CMS\Workspaces\Hook\DataHandlerHook::flushWorkspaceCacheEntriesByWorkspaceId(0)
3 TYPO3\CMS\Workspaces\Hook\DataHandlerHook::processCmdmap_afterFinish(TYPO3\CMS\Core\DataHandling\DataHandler)
2 TYPO3\CMS\Core\DataHandling\DataHandler::process_cmdmap()
1 TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Controller\EditDocumentController::processData()

So, the problem is in fact, taht LIVE workspace has id=0, and this is incorrect tag name for Redis.

Am I doing something wrong or this is a bug and I should report it to Forge?

Note: I'm using TYPO3 6.0