[TYPO3-english] the future of FCEs in TYPO3

horace grant horace3d at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 12:40:43 CEST 2013

hi,

> Exact that time - 1.5 or 2 years ago (I had some frustration in TV) I
> checked out Drupal - which had this flexible content building in version <
> 7 as community extension, from version 7 inside the core: it called CCK-
> content construction kit. There you have inside the admin a form where you
> build super easy content elements. I guess this is one of the
> key-killer-functions why Drupal was getting so huge because this feature
> was really neat and easy to use.

i was curious and also have checked out drupal a bit to widen my horizon. :)

CCK (now simply called "fields" i think) is really nice. but what i miss in
all other CMS i have looked at so far is the possibility to insert multiple
content elements into a page like in TYPO3. i really love this concept and
miss it in drupal, wordpress, silverstripe,...

how much work would it be to achieve something similar in drupal? does
anyone have experience with this?

bye,
horace