[TYPO3-english] Image Rendering from FAL / TypoScript / Gifbuilder

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Aug 7 18:04:28 CEST 2013

> The according TS element is
>
>      renderObj = IMAGE
>      renderObj {
>          file.import.data = file:current:originalUid
>      }
> }
>
> what delivers the image as expected.  I now want to extend the image rendering using the Gifbuilder.  Thus, I extended the renderObj as
>
>      renderObj = IMAGE
>      renderObj {
>          file = GIFBUILDER
> 	file {
> 		XY = 210,110
>
>          	10 = IMAGE
> 		10.file.import.data = file:current:originalUid
>
> what leads to an image with the correct rendering of subelements 20, 30, and 40 but no original image as of element 10.  Does anybody have a hint why this does not work, or how I could get this to work, respectively?

It seems there is no file:current available at all within GIFBUILDER.
So you will have to use a LOAD_REGISTER as a workaround.
And you should use the publicUrl to avoid fetching information twice.

renderObj = COA
renderObj {
   10 = LOAD_REGISTER
   10.currentImage.data = file:current:publicUrl
   20 = IMAGE
   20 {
   }
}

IMHO this is a bug, since the information should be always available
inside the FILES object, but the workaround might help until this has
been fixed completely.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian