[TYPO3-english] 6.x: Images always processed/converted into PNGs

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Mon Aug 5 22:22:00 CEST 2013

Well, interesting (from my perspective anyway :o) ) update:

I just tried the same IMAGE cObject as before on a 6.0.4 introduction
package and there the original, animated file was shown in the frontend.
I then updated the installation to 6.0.8 and it got again converted into
a PNG saved in the typo3temp/_processed_ directory...

So yeah, whatever the problem is, it is the same as Thomas Allmer had in
his thread [1] I mentioned earlier and which seems to have been
introduced with 6.0.5 (or more likely 6.1 and a backport of something?).

Kind regards
Stefan

[1] http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/t/196270/