[TYPO3-english] 6.x: Images always processed/converted into PNGs

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Mon Aug 5 22:02:50 CEST 2013

Hello fellow readers,

I have a simple IMAGE cObject:
20 = IMAGE
20.file = fileadmin/user_upload/av14.gif

It is a animated GIF and in 6.1 the image (and all other variantes of
IMAGE cObjects I tried, fe. as content elements) will always be
converted into a PNG saved in typo3temp/_processed_.

How do I supress this so the original file is used or at least one where
it isn't converted into anything and thus the animation not lost?

Additionally I also tested it in 4.5 and there it is shown properly or
at least the original file is just used, so I guess it is 6.x related?
And another thing: If I give the IMAGE cObject a 'file.ext = GIF'
property, the file will be a GIF but still processed and the animation
lost into oblivion...

Anyway, I only found a few clues so far:
Here [1] it is talked about some 'force png' in the install tool, but I
haven't found anything like that in there? The only things close what I
thought might be it were 'gdlib_png' and 'gif_compress' but both being
set to either true or false didn't change anything with the problem.

And here [2] it is suggested that it is all because of ImageMagick.
Which I guess is partly true because when I completely deactivate it in
the install tool the original image is used.
But as you might guess that doesn't help much at all...

So yeah, anybody maybe know how I can tell (preferably through
typoscript) the cObject/installation to use the original files, not to
convert images at all (unless asked to) or anything to get my GIF
animating in the frontend again?

Versions if needed:
TYPO3: 6.1.3
ImageMagick: 6.8.0-1
Server: WAMP on Windows Vista

Thanks in advance, pleasant week everbody and
kind regards
Stefan

[1] http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/t/196270/
[2]