[TYPO3-english] tx_news not showing Media Elements created by other BE users

Brian Hauge Hansen b.hansen at mobilethink.com
Sat Aug 3 10:11:20 CEST 2013

Hi list

I have a problem that only Media Elements created by the BE user news_editor it self can be seen by this user, but Media Elements created by an admin user cannot be seen by the BE user news_editor.

Details:

Ive created a site based on the bootstrap introduction package. In this package there are already a new editor BE user called "news_editor". This user however has not been setup to use Media Elements, and therefore cannot insert images in the news elements.

Ive therefore enabled access for the News Media Element in the be user groups access list:

News Media Element
X Alternative Text (alt)
X Caption (caption)
X Copyright (copyright)
X Height (px) (height)
X Hide (hidden)
  Language (sys_language_uid)
X Media Type (type)
X Show in preview views (showinpreview)
X Title Text (title)
  Transl.Orig (l10n_parent)
X Width (px) (width)

This gives the user access to create Media Elements, but however it does not give the user access to view Media Elements created by other users, which is what I want.

Anyone know if I should have a more detailed look at the news or media extension? Or has anyone been experiencing the same problem?

Extensions installed:
comments fluidpages jquerycolorbox news seo_basics tt_news wt_spamshield
fluidcontent flux media pagebrowse speciality
fluidcontent_bootstrap introduction metadata realurl vhs