[TYPO3-english] Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Apr 30 09:26:31 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 30-4-2013 8:54, Mitja wrote:
> Well Elmar, before implementing all this features the EXT. manager
> should get fixed once and for all :) (I hope they'll do something in 6.1)

What should "they" fix in the Extension Manager? Did you file bug
reports in forge for the problems you found? Which issues are you
referring to?

> It would make a ton of sense of having an extra column in it with
> ratings for extensions though... would be nice for example to sort the
> extensions by rating when searching for them for example...

It's always problematic to construct such a rating number. How do you
reflect the number of votes (is one 5-star vote better than 10 votes
with 3 or 4 stars average? Or 1000 votes? Do you use the mean, median or
mode of the votes given? How to take the range into account (is a 4-star
average with only votes for 3,4,5 stars better than a 4-star average
with 1,2,3,4,5 star votes?) ? What is the rating of an extension without
votes? Does an extension lose the rating if a bugfix release is
published? Or with a minor version? Or only a major version? How do you
take the TYPO3 Core version into account? Only complete versions or also
bugfix release version numbers?

So far Elmar only wants to show the number of positive and negative
votes for an extension version. I don't know if he wants to relate it to
the Core version. But at least this won't offer a possibility to sort
anything.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team member